b.a.n.a.n.a.s

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Dreams really do come true in Disney World

For many years now, I have been going to Disney World in Florida with Family and Friends. Usually for food and Wine fest, or a random birthday celebration.  As a kid, I always loved going to Disney, and was mesmerized by all the characters and how real they all looked. As an Adult, i became mesmerized with how many drinks i could drink at the World showcase without falling over, or puking before I got to England. Clearly, priority's shift as an adult.


Two weeks ago, I took a week long trip to Disney to celebrate my 30th birthday. As part of my party, I brought my best friend, my mom, my friend from Atl and BF along for the adventure.

I am surprised to say, the trip went pretty smoothly, until New Years Eve.

Before leaving Miami, we planned to spend the New Year at Epcot. In the morning my friend said to me, I'm going to kiss a Disney princess today, if it's the last thing i do. David and I smiled and laughed.. and didn't think much of it. Disney is super strict, and that WOULD NEVER HAPPEN.

When we arrived to Epcot the day on New Years, and when we got there we realized we all had annual passes except one person, so we were not allowed in at 8 pm.. so we switched our plan, and went to Boardwalk Disney, to the Atlantic Dance Club instead.


For the low price of $35.00 a person, we entered a dance club that was guaranteed to be open past 2 am, and showed large videos on the dance floor Drinks were moderately inexpensive.. and the chugging of what i consider devil juice (vodka mixed with Monster energy drink) began. Shots were taken in between these deviled drinks.

By around 11 pm, I was dancing the night away, knocking into people, spilling drinks, hugging randoms and making possible future friends. I was out of control.

The seal had been broken since about 9:30pm, so my trips to the bathroom at this point had become VERY frequent.

On one of my trips, I come out and see a BEAUTIFUL, little, blond, perfectly presented princess. YES PRINCESS. She had flawless skin, and had make-up that you would only see in Disney World. She was dressed in her new years attire, was very quiet, and didn't look anyone in the eye, as she quietly washed her hands.

I had to talk to her.

"Hello" i said, as i approached her at the sink.

now. Picture Snow whites voice in the movie. This is EXACTLY what she sounds like "Hello" she replies.

OMG. she works at Disney. I know she does. Shes a CAST MEMBER. i must be her FRIEND. The devil juice is telling me i MUST be her friend!

"Here, let me get the door for you" I say, as i rush to the door to hold it open.

<<Disney voice>> "Thank you"

I follow her out of the bathroom, all the way to the dance floor where she is greeted by 3 REALLY BIG GIRLS (young, just REALLY strange... looked like the 3 evil step sisters, no lie), they def were NOT Disney cast members.  Anyway, i introduce myself to them. YES, i introduce myself to her friends.

I straight out ask: "Excuse me,  Does she work at Disney? Her make up is FLAWLESS!"

They laugh, and say - "yes, she is snow white"

" NO WAY!" I respond.

I look to the dance floor, and i see a tall man, with hair slicked back, talking to her, telling her he must leave. Snow white looks sad.

"Who's that?" i ask the 3 ugly girls.

"That's her Boyfriend, he's also a cast member, he's Cinderella's prince, they just started dating, but he's a real ass to her, he came to say hi, but he's leaving the party."

I'm floored! this is REAL LIFE DISNEY playing itself out like a MOVIE in front of MY EYES!

I have to find David and my friend Rodrigo. They will never believe this.

I run to them and start telling them what I'm witnessing.

I bring them to the dance floor so they can see it for themselves.

I start trying to get Snow White to drink, she refuses. She doesn't drink. I don't understand!!! Shes not on the job! She's not even in costume! Why doesn't she drink????

She just doesn't drink. BLAH.

I go for the friends. They do drink. I get in good with them.

the rest of the night is a COMPLETE BLURR.

All I do know is that, when midnight struck, my friend went up to her, grabbed her, and planted a kiss on her. His wish came true.

(i found this out the next day)


i love Disney world. Dreams do come true for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment