b.a.n.a.n.a.s

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Dear Matthew McConaughey, my friend didn't mean to fart in your face. Please excuse him. I love you, Stephanie

Hispanic Advertising. The one profession where if you are a creative (like myself), you get to travel to awesome places for TV shoots like: Uruguay, Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Detroit (lol) and California to name a few.

This story takes place on a business trip to California in 2008. AccentMarketing (my ex employer) sent me and 3 or 4 other people to Santa Monica, California to do some post editing work of a TV shoot we were doing for an Alltel Wireless TV spot.

Because I post everything on Facebook, I informed everyone I would be gone for a week, and to call my cell if they needed me.

Woohoo Cali! Here I come! It was my second time in California and we would be staying at the awesome hotel Marina Del Rey, located right next to the Shutters hotel. 

As we arrive to the fancy hotel, we immediatly spot Matthew McConaughey checking in solo at the lobby. My co-worker actually had to point him out to me because really, i'm so oblivious and live on a cloud I would have never recognized him, even if he took my bags to my room. 

Anyway, we stand behind him. And check in. I'm not much of a star stalker or care for famous people, so I made nothing of the situation. 

The concierge nicely informs us that if we would like to get drinks, we should go next door to The Shutters since it is known for being a hot spot for actors, and we could catch some famous faces.

See, that would sound interesting to me if i cared at all for that sort of stuff.

Rewind a couple days before this work trip: Before booking this trip for work, a good friend of mine had informed me he was going to vegas for vacation, and asked me if he could come to california to visit after his trip to Vegas.  He would come for the weekend, and stay in my room. I had no problem with this, he worked at Accent with me, and even though he was on vacation and I was working, the room was paid for by the company, so it was a win-win for everyone.

He shows up to the hotel 2 days after I arrive. YEYYY! I have a roomate! Now,we can catch up, tell stories, go to dinner, get drinks! It's like i'm on vacation too!!

One morning was different though, i'm pretty sure this all took place on day 4 of my California stay.

As the sun is comming out, the birds are chirping, its a beautiful Friday morning, I get up, and harass my friend to wake up! It's time to start the day! I open the blinds and start yelling (it's a routine Stephanie-style wake-up call)

My friend is not much of a morning person.

He finally gets up and informs me he has to pass gas. I tell him to go ahead. Pass it in the room. I don't care. I don't get grossed out. I'm pretty sure I was a man in a past life.

he tells me he's embarrassed and cannot pass gas in front of me.

SERIOUSLY! JUST FART.

he can't.

"Stephanie, I'm going to go to the hall and do it outside."

JUST DO IT HERE.

I CAN'T!!!! He opens the door, steps out, closes the door behind him.

not 4 seconds pass, and he's BANGING on the DOOR. not knocking, BANGING. POW POW POW yelling " Stephanie , please Open the door!

I run to the door, open it, I see him standing there, white as a ghost, speachless, shivering, quivering, you name it. he's mumbling " ma ma ma math math mathe mamammama"

WHAT.

I step out of the room -

in a wife beater. no bra. Pink pj pants, with a HUGE hole in the crotch, my hair in a bun on the top of my head- in what looks like a nest, and the previous nights eyeliner running down my face. only to see Matthew McConaughey walking down the hall towards my room (he was staying 2 rooms down) with his then girlfriend, now wife.

I freeze.

My friend is frozen.

The air outside my room is contaminated. it smells like a dead person. my friend has passed gas, and Matthew McConaughey is about to walk through it.

My friend pushes through the door, and we close the door behind us. we wait.

5 minutes pass.

Matthew McConaughey walked through it. We know he smelled it. We know he saw us. I know he knows what we did. 

UGH,Matthew McConaughey this blog is for you... I'm sorry. I apologize for my gassy friend. I still love you. <3, Stephanie










1 comment: